The SPLC is working to bring human rights violations in the Deep South to the attention of international institutions, putting additional pressure on government officials for change.
Read about our recent activities and results here:
- Videos: In Geneva, SPLC Delegation Shares Tales of Adversity, Advocacy (YouTube)
- SPLC’s UN delegation pulls back curtain on U.S. civil and human rights abuses
- SPLC delegation to advocate for civil and political rights at UN in Geneva
- SPLC addresses international conference about the threat of hate and extremism
- Safeguarding Democracy: U.S. should establish a national human rights institution (NHRI)
- Adding Insights: SPLC joins First Session of U.N. Permanent Forum on People of African Descent
- Videos: SPLC addresses U.N. panels
- ‘Grave Concern’: SPLC official takes part in U.N. panel on growing threats to minority rights, democracy in U.S.
- U.N. Report: U.S. fails to implement terms of treaty on eliminating racial discrimination
- Eyes of the World: SPLC delegation tells U.N. committee of ongoing racial discrimination in U.S.
- On the International Stage: SPLC to present evidence of systemic racism in U.S. to U.N. committee in Geneva
Click on each of our core areas of work to find the SPLC’s submissions to international human rights bodies.
Decarceration and Decriminalization
Protecting Voting Rights
Other Human Rights Issues